ABOUT CBR SOLARIZE
In order to address the Crestone Baca Resiliency’s solar vision for our community, the CBR Energy Group has initiated CBR Solarize to enable more Crestone and Baca residents to install photovoltaic (sunshine-into-electricity) systems on their homes and businesses. CBR Solarize will also train local enrollees in solar equipment installation, providing them with valuable professional skills. The CBR Energy Group is able to offer this program thanks to being chosen by Solar Energy International (SEI) as the 2020 recipient of SEI’s Solarize rural community coaching and training. SEI has implemented Solar Forward in various Colorado communities and is advising the CBR Energy Group on the CBR Solarize program.
THE GOALS OF OUR PROGRAM
1. Increase the use of renewable energy.
2. Lower the cost of solar installation by offering group rates and information on financing options.
3. Significantly ramp up adoption of solar throughout the community.
HOW IT WORKS
Community Building Program
CBR Solarize is a group buy-in program. The more people who sign up to “Solarize” their homes or businesses, the less expensive it is for all community members.
Local Partners and Local Installers
We work with local installers to make our program a success. CBR Solarize educates community members on residential solar and identifies residents who would be interested in having solar installed on their homes or business. These leads are then given to our partner solar installers who will offer a special program rebate.
CBR Solarize Installers
Sandhillsolar – Laura Conchelos
- Studied at SEI and has taught classes there since 2016
- Worked for Positive Energy (one of NM’s largest solar companies)
- Has NABCEP Professional Installer Certification and Residential Wireman’s license
- Worked for Solar Gain Services, installing and servicing systems around the San Luis Valley
- Started Sandhill Solar in 2017
Solarado Energy – Curtis Scheib
- Started Eco Depot USA in 1997
- Has installed off-grid for over 25 years and grid-tied since 1999
- In commercial solar market since 2009
- Designed and built one of the first and only retrofitted solar carports in the state for CU Boulder
- Started Solarado Energy in 2011
- NABCEP certified since 2009
- Has worked with SEI since 1997
Act now to receive Federal Tax Incentives
If you begin your Solar PV installation in 2020, you can receive a 26% U.S. Federal tax incentive;
2021 = you can receive a 22% Federal Tax incentive;
2022 = you can receive a 10% Federal Tax incentive
2020 CBR Energy Group Survey Results
Thank you to all of you who submitted a response
78 percent of respondents are interested in a new solar installation, or expanding their current installation
34 percent of people who are interested in obtaining new solar want an off-grid system.
65 percent of people who desire a new solar installation are concerned about cost.
see our financing options below
results as of July 14, 2020
Fill out the 2020 Survey!
Concerns about the costs of solar are common. CBR Solarize has an established connection with Elevations Credit Union. Using the energy loan program, Elevations Credit Union offers competitive rates on loans. Results of eligibility are generally available within 48 hours.
Aventa Credit Union offers unsecured loans up to $10,000. Loans above that amount need to be secured with collateral, e.g., a vehicle. Aventa will not consider your solar addition as collateral.
Sponsors and Partners
Become a Sponsor or Partner
Sponsors and Partners collaborate with the program coordinators to host events, provide financial support, and contact the community to get the word out
Promoting the Solar Industry!
Join Our Mission to Promote Economic Development and Energy Efficiency in Crestone Baca.